The ProtoDev series of PCBs have been designed with a very smiliar architecture althought over time the layour has changed to accomodate new features and functionality.
Opening the Box
Once the box is open you will find the following items:
- PCB with PIC already inserted
- Optional: USB cable, this may be supplied
The PIC has already come preloaded with software so all you need to do to view the demo is to power up the PCB. To do this you can use a power supply which has a 2.54 MM jack on the end and set your voltage to >7 Vdc of <9Vdc.
Power up the PCB. If powered correclty the following will take place:
- The power LED will illuminate
- Once of the onboard LEDs will start to flash
What to do next:
- Connect the PCB to a PC to test the communications interface
- Start with writing your own code